A classical trekking tour in Kharkhiraa and Turgen mountain massif in north western Mongolia, a spectacular region of snow-capped mountains, glaciers, torrential rivers, saline and freshwater lakes. Locked out from the rest of the country the area’s animal and plant life is unique. The trek route runs across alpine meadows, rugged mountain sides and 3000m high passes from top of which there open expansive views of mountains and deserts beyond them. Ethnic Durvud people accompany throughout the trek with their camels transporting food and camp. Except for just one all trek days are suitable for trekkers of average level of fitness.
- Unplug yourself from modern life
- Find yourself in the tranquility of Kharkhiraa and Turgen mountains
- Soak in the beauty of pristine nature
- See wild flower carpets
- Meet Durvud and Khoton ethnic group nomads
- Experience a way of life that hasn’t changed for a few hundred years
- Feel atmosphere of modern Ulaanbaatar